over 1 year ago
- Champion core Agile principles and practices within the team and the wider business.
- Organise and facilitate daily meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, sprint planning, release planning and product backlog refinement sessions.
- Support Product Owner with creating product roadmap, defining release strategy and supporting release activities.
- Help resolve impediments through troubleshooting and innovative problem solving.
- Support and protect an environment conducive to team self-organisation.
- Promote team self-organisation through empowerment.
- Support the capture of empirical data to adjust forecasts.
- Support activities such as reporting on sprint/release progress, budget tracking and team metrics.
- Shield the team from external interference and distractions to keep focus on sprint and release commitments.
- Motivate the team, support conflict resolution, promote team successes and challenge failings.
What will I get from the role?
As a ScrumMaster you will demonstrate your Scrum subject-matter expertise, champion Agile principles and practices, and support the team in delivering its goals. You will have excellent coaching and mentoring skills, and a drive to make a real difference. Through reasoning and influence you will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the rules of Scrum, removing impediments and constantly driving to improve standards and efficiency of delivery. In this role, you will be expected to be a catalyst for your Scrum team's continuous improvement and Agile maturity as well as contribute to the wider Agile transformation. You must also be able to demonstrate leadership qualities applicable to an environment of team empowerment and self-organisation.
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required?
- Experience with end-to-end IT delivery lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile).
- Should be currently working as a ScrumMaster or in an equivalent area of expertise.
- Servant Leader Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Strong understanding of Scrum theory, practices and roles
- Assertive Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority
- Communicative and social Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Situational Awareness Must be savvy to risk and issue identification and mitigation as they arise and understand how and when to escalate to senior management
- Continual improvement Must continually be growing one's craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and the team
- Conflict resolution Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment Must be able to lead a team to self-organisation
- Attitude of transparency Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise