about 1 year ago
A leading financial regulator is looking for a Security Cloud Engineer to join their expanding business.
What does this job involve?
This role will consist of the following activities-
- Operational and maintenance based activities of Cloud Data Centre such that it remains within compliance of its design and security principles
- Undertake incident, problem, change and configuration management activity to ensure the support of customer systems in line with Service Level Agreements
- Customer liaison in response to support incidents and events
- Perform Continual Service Improvement (CSI) activities ensuring the CDC is optimised effectively and delivering value for money.
- Monitor service trends to identify opportunities for improvement plans and input to architecture roadmaps
- Assist with design and build activity in line with agreed architecture principles
- Ensure knowledge of the platforms is accurately maintained
- The role will undertake complex tasks, provide expert technical advice and provide guidance / mentoring to junior members of the team
- MI reporting of the CDC infrastructure including service and financial analysis activities
- Liaison and collaboration with project teams and other support teams as required
What will I get from the role?
Working in the Cloud Data Centre team, you will benefit from:
- An opportunity to be innovative and contribute to an evolving area leveraging the latest Cloud based technologies and agile ways of working
- An opportunity to help shape & develop best practise, procedures, and policies in this new function
- Interesting and fast moving work in a friendly, outcome based environment with a supportive management team
- Access to the latest tools and technologies necessary to complete the job
- Support to learn and complete training necessary to complete and evolve the role
- An opportunity to tackle a challenging, interesting and varied portfolio of work, working with colleagues from across the division to other parts of the FCA
- An opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into regulated industries and relevant regulations
- An excellent strategic understanding of what the FCA is about, its strengths and weaknesses
- As an Academy business we place great value on your learning and we offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations. Our Academy offers you a range of opportunities for personal and professional development, including our MSC in financial regulation, Advanced Managers programme, sponsored study and more.
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required?
- Amazon Web Services Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional level)
- Good working knowledge and experience using Linux (RHEL /RedHat 7)
- Open Source tooling experience
- Automation of infrastructure provisioning and management (Chef)
- Good scripting knowledge and experience in Bash/Perl/Ruby/Python/JSON
- Internet & networking technology understanding
- RDBMS database technology
- Must be elegible to achieve UK HMG Security Clearance
- UK HMG Security Clearance (Active - certificate must be provided)
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery / DevOps methodology environments and recognised skills utilising related tools such as Splunk, GitLabs, Jenkins, Docker, Chef etc.
- Infrastructure security experience and with proven toolset knowledge using Qualys, Suricata, Satellite, Spacewalk, IPA
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment and can demonstrate proven problem solving with a strong attention to detail
- Confident, pro-active individual with a 'can do' attitude
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with developers and product managers to discuss and resolve issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, grasp technical issues and assess the business impact
- Ability to provide expert advice to senior business and stakeholders on project and technical issues
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solution Architect
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Proven track record in migrating legacy production 'on premise' systems into Amazon Web Services platform
- Excellent experience with Agile software development practices
- ITIL (V3) accreditation