You will be part of a new team in London joining the Security/SRE team whose purpose is to ensure that Energy Platform builds are secure and efficient for all customers while enabling product teams to ship awesome features.
This is a varied role where you'll be exposed to the full stack and will work across technologies including GCP, AWS, Kubernetes and Kafka. You'll be focusing on projects spanning infrastructure, release engineering and security monitoring.
- AWS/GCP security best practices
- Scripting and software engineering skills; we don't mind what language! (Python, Scala, Clojure, Java etc.)
- Worked closely with a development team
- Container vulnerability scanning
- Thorough knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Awareness of common software security flaws and web application security best practices (OWASP top 10, CWE/SANS Top 25)
- Open Source dependency scanning
- Web application Firewalls
- Logging, monitoring and alerting on security incidents
- Knowledge and experience in secure software practices
As part of the Security Engineering team, you'll create solutions and insights that will allow the team to hit a very high-security caliber working in tight collaboration with software engineering and infrastructure. You will be building tools and fostering a security culture to help the product teams rapidly deliver secure systems.
Providing those teams with clear actionable advice on what risks and threats they have to their systems. You will also be responsible for defining and evolving security best practices for a greenfield system. Helping teams take action on those practices through your expert training or automation will be key to your success.
West London - paying up to £80,000 base.
Skill summary: GCP, AWS, Scala, Java, Kubernetes, Docker, Security practices, OWASP, containers, Jenkins, Python, Clojure, DevOps, Security Engineer, Cloud Security, web security, platform security