This organization is a top performing Hedge Fund and Asset Manager that is building a Reference Data operational team support the renovation of their reference data. This will impact the Asset Manager and Securities global organizations on a wide range of initiatives, including but not limited to improved management of business controls and increased efficiency for the firm. Core areas of focus include Enterprise Data Management, Reference Data Management, and Financial Planning & Analysis.
The purpose of the Operations team within the Reference Data Product Management group is to manage daily operations of enterprise reference data systems and associated businesses processes. The role requires effective management of tactical, BAU activity, as well as longer term, more strategic projects to introduce product and process improvements.
A successful candidate will be an experienced Operations associate who communicates and collaborates effectively, taking ownership and accountability for operational stability, issues, and ongoing improvements in their areas of focus. They will demonstrate a track record of success in a fast-paced production role, with the ability to contribute meaningfully to data-driven process improvements over time. The ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders – front office customers, project managers, business analysts, and technologists is important.
The Operations function is focused on stable operations and incident management – managing the day-to-day needs of the platform, responding to business needs, and addressing data quality or other product issues as they arise across Citadel’s global trading operations. Regular reporting and process improvement is a critical part of the function.
There is issue A that causes trading issue B in production. Can we resolve it manually ASAP? What operational checks or reporting can we implement to catch future occurrences? Is this a system change that we should pass on to the PMBA team for consideration?
**Please note We can only consider candidates with a GPA of 3.5 or up and has fantastic communication skills due to the level of stakeholder engagement.
Knowledge of Options and Futures, Commodities and Convertibles products from a reference data perspective is essential as the PM/BA will work with trading desks , new products, relating to how the firms thinks about trading**
Reporting to the Operations Lead, the Operations Associate will be responsible for delivering robust reference data operations, with a focus on instrument master data, but also including other types of reference data such as party and EOD pricing data.
- Follow and maintain a daily playbook of operational procedures and controls
- Capture all metadata feeding into an Incident Management program for all reference data issues
- Work with front and back office stakeholders across the organization to triage and fix production issues
- Produce operational reports for team and management reviews on a regular basis
- Work with technologists, project managers, and business analysts to deliver reference data system upgrades
- 5 or more years of professional experience in financial services, particularly operational / production roles in support of trading and investment activities
- Solid knowledge of financial products and instruments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Very strong attention to detail, with an interest in process design and automation
- Strong analytical skills
Education: BA/BS Bachelor's Degree (STEM degree preferred) Must be a GPA 3.5 or above.