Senior Big Data Architect - Spark specialist - up to £850 per day
Working for a leading transactions and payments organisation with over 35 million transactions daily and 20,000 a second, they need someone to have a fresh outlook and make a large impact on their Spark driven architecture.
You will be responsible for the design and implement “Big Data” platforms for time series storage, batch, and real-time analytics. Reviewing and doing an overview of their current Spark architecture and how best to make changes and enhance the system moving forward. You will look at the overall architecture as well as providing the global team with your expert knowledge of the Big Data tools used and implemented in the architecture.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Design and implement “Big Data” platforms for time series storage, batch, and real-time analytics.
- Ensure highly interactive response times. Avoid allowing performance bottlenecks to creep into the system.
- Interpret and analyse business use-cases and feature requests into technical designs and development tasks.
- Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions.
- Take ownership of development tasks; participate in regular backlog grooming, sprint planning, design and code review meetings.
- Be proud of the high quality of your own work.
- Work with a number of teams (in multiple worldwide locations).
- Always follow quality standards (unit tests, integration tests and documented code).
- Be delivery focused, have a passion for technology and enjoy offering new ideas and approaches.
You will need:
- Experience as a senior architect on enterprise global scale applications
- Big data knowledge - Spark, HFDS, Cassandra,
- Successfully outlined and delivered a big data architecture.
- Cloud architecture understanding - ideally with AWS
- In depth knowledge of Apache Cassandra
- Payments knowledge would be beneficial
- Kafka - event streaming knowledge is beneficial