A VC backed, seed stage start-up is looking for a Python Bioinformatics Developer to join their team in Cambridge. Their approach to antibody research is novel and truly believe you’ll be joining the early stages of a company set for huge success, working across areas such as oncology and neuroscience. Because of the early stages, you’ll be working on a completely Greenfield project.
You will have a pivotal role in building the bioinformatics platform. Assisting in building data and computational infrastructure, as well as ability to lead development. As the company grows there are progression pathways to build and lead the technology and platform team.
Senior Bioinformatics Developer (Python) Responsibilities;
- Build data processing pipelines and establish computational and data management infrastructure
- Support bioinformatics and software best practices, as well as advise bioinformatics research
- Be able to visualise and present data to various audiences
Senior Bioinformatics Developer (Python) Requirements;
- A Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or similar discipline from a top university
- Proficiency in Python, R, Bash, and SQL
- Devops experience (Git, Docker, Jenkins, AWS, Terraform, CI/CD, or equivalent)
- Biotech interest or experience
The successful Bioinformatics Developer will have the chance to work for a well backed company, through early stages where you will have a huge impact, shares in the company and able to help treat ailments like Alzheimer’s.
Benefits include flexible working, very strong compensation and work alongside industry experts.