A highly regarded insurer based in the City of London has embarked upon a greenfield digital transformation, implementing new data tooling and technologies across the business. With a focus on reporting and analytics tooling, with a goal to drastically improve the data quality process and reports.
The ideal candidate will be someone of 2-8 years of experience working in financial services as a Data Warehouse Engineer. There will be a lot of autonomy within the role as you will be joining a relatively small team, driving change through innovation across the business.
Although insurance experience isn't a deal-breaker, it will give you an advantageous edge.
As a Data Warehouse Engineer you will:
- Collaborate closely with finance and development teams to define and deliver new data-driven features and functionality on the platform
- Develop ETL/data pipelines
- Use Python to create applications and scripts to automate data flows
- Combine and prepare data with SQL and generate analytics output using Power BI
- Work in financial services to help drive the platform development, delivery, and innovation
Data Warehouse Engineer Requirements:
- Database tooling such as Oracle, SQL
- ETL tools, IMB DataManager, DataStage, MS SSIS
- Reporting tooling of choice is Power BI and Cognos BI
- Scripting in SQL/Python
- Unix or Linux
- Bash scripting
There is a brilliant compensation package on offer, inclusive of a great bonus and other benefits.
If you are a data-hungry individual who is passionate about technology and career progression then please do apply.