My client is now recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist with Computer Vision to support the Computer Vision group at the Research & Development center in Darmstadt, this will be focused in researching and developing novel algorithms and methods in the field of Computer Vision & Deep Learning to solve real world problems. The projects are focused on innovative and new technologies and provide the opportunity to drive ideas from conception to real products. My client is currently working with some of the biggest football teams in the world to implement Computer Vision and how they can harness this technology.
The Senior Data Scientist will contribute their skills and knowledge as part of a interdisciplinary team, they will take responsibility for investigating and developing new image and video analytics algorithms to extract valuable insights and knowledge from large data sets generated with various application domains. You will also advise graduate students and coordinate their activity with memebers of the research teams.
You should have a solid interest in adapting state of the art Computer Vision algorithms for high performance applications and impacting industry by working on actual projects. On top of that, the Senior Data Scientist will take a technical lead role for customer projects or specific platform components.
- Drive and contribute to the development of new image & video analytics algorithms, focusing on the latest deep learning technologies
- Conduct research and coordinate work with peers, external partners and customers to develop a content base
- Deliver project results as part of the overall project plan and ensure seamless integration with the results of the other project members
- Create content for new analytics modules in collaboration with agile development team
Skills & Experience
- Doctorate degree or equivalent in Computer Vision or related disciplines
- Strong knowledge and experience in methods for computer vision, deep learning, pattern recognition / machine learning or a similar field
- Proficient in programming in C++ or Pything
- Experience with relevant libraries like OpenCV, dLib or Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras or Caffe
- Fluent in English
My client is looking for an innovative, open-minded professional who is a quick learner and most importantly a team player, who enjoys working in interdisciplinary teams within a dynamic environment with a passion for problem solving.