Senior Finance Enterprise Architect – Principal Level – Frankfurt (or Munich) – c€125k + Bonus + Remote and Flexible Work + Chance to Work with One of the Largest Financial Institutions in Germany
This company who are one of the leading companies in their sector are currently seeking a Senior Finance Enterprise Architect to join their team to work on some of the biggest, most exciting IT Finance programs
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Finance Enterprise Architect to gain valuable experience and take a huge step forward in their career.
This company is a highly respected business in their sector. They take pride in their investment in people, and a Senior Finance Enterprise Architect would be valued and rewarded by a company that is committed to looking after its staff.
About the Company:
Since their foundation over 150 years ago, they have become one of the leading companies in their sector with 50,000 employees worldwide
With a net income in billions of euros, they are now a global powerhouse who are internationally known and respected.
A pillar of German Finance, they are a brand name – well-known internationally and viewed as one of the premier companies to have on your CV
About the Senior Finance Enterprise Architect Role:
The Enterprise Architect translates the strategic vision into different scenarios and then to enterprise architecture.
The Enterprise Architect has the skills to architect at scale. This covers security of data, services, application, platforms, infrastructure.
In this role you are responsible for the Enterprise Architecture development, delivery and control.
• You don't shy away from creating content using hands-on e.g. PowerPoint in order to create compelling stories or architecture diagrams. You know how to develop a strong storyline to target your audience.
• You know how to draw and plot boundaries across different dimensions using frameworks, models and standards. You know how to decouple boundaries from each other, for example, by using modern patterns.
• You modernise our technology architecture by using reference models, layers, and abstractions. Create architecture vision documents to guide agile development teams. These documents include: future state architectures, reference models, guidelines and standard. All of these are maintained in our Enterprise Architect Repository.
• You carefully follow the latest technology trends and developments, and determine the impact it could have on the organization. If required you guide the implementation of future-proof business solutions by using your tough leadership skills. Provide, if required, hands-on architecture leadership on complex, innovative proposals and projects. For example, for machine learning, this means you are able to lead the end-to-end architecture and development of analytical modelling solutions.
• Exercise architecture control by developing architecture and security frameworks, setting standards, guidelines and principles. You ensure consistency by working closely together with other architects.
You are seen as a leader, who can develop an architecture vision, guide and facilitate development teams through architecture development and implementations. You are pragmatic and realistic, but at the same time set the vision and inspire everyone to follow. You connect the dots, paint the bigger picture and future vision.
You work together within different teams to ensure that consistent architectures are delivered.
You coordinate and be assertive when it comes to solving dependencies or complex problems.
You have excellent communication and presentation skills to influence your most important stakeholders. You are used to work in highly dynamic working environment. You are able to oversee a complex stakeholder landscape: interaction varies from C-level executives to developers and engineers, from business stakeholders to enterprise architect colleagues.
This profile -- strategist, deeply skilled professional, custodian -- is far away from the traditional profile of someone who only thinks in objects and diagrams! You are a security management evangelist: someone who likes to make big impact, thinks in creative and innovative ways, and likes to inspire and to be inspired.
Ideal Requirements for the Security Enterprise Architect Role:
- Knowledge of Finastra or Misys is a major bonus
- Demonstrated IT architecture leadership experiences in a complex organization with multiple business lines.
- Broad and strong understanding in security area at enterprise level. Able to explain to both C-level and developer stakeholders the pros and cons
- Knowledge and experience with TOGAF9 and DevOps is a great advantage!
- University degree.
- Ability to think in conceptual, strategic perspective without losing ground over implementation and tactical impact
- Strong organizational sensitivity, able to manoeuvre organizational maps/units and understand their roles
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to influence, engage, align people in cross-functional roles at all levels
- Ability to communicate technical possibilities effectively and efficiently to both technical and non-technical management and staff
- Continuous learner with strong persistence towards completing tasks within limited time
1. Demonstrated capabilities in defining and managing enterprise strategy and architectures.
2. Experiences with interpretation of laws, regulations and security framework and transform them into internal polices and standards.
3. Preferably 8+ years of senior IT staff experience within a large, global corporation with multiple security, business and IT domains.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills in German
Apply to the Role:
Roles like these are snapped up very quickly, so act now if you do not want to miss out! Reply to this advert or email your CV to email@example.com
About Orbis Consultants
Orbis Consultants is a global, multi-sector recruitment agency specialising in Technology, Financial Services and Creative.
We’re a curious bunch of creative recruiters, relentless in our pursuit of bringing together the smartest talent, with the world’s leading global brands and innovative start-ups.