My clients are looking for an experienced Senior Front End Engineer to contribute significantly to the architecture and visual components of a modern, React-based, web stack. Currently using React in the development of an emerging, greenfield, product, as well as modernising an existing in-production, server-rendered, application.
As our existing products have grown significantly, the senior engineer would be responsible for increasing the reliability and scalability of a web-based application. Additionally, they are actively developing new products and are seeking to develop a modern, rigorous, and sustainable approach to development.
Looking for a talented engineer, who loves immersing themselves in complex problems. You will be building innovative solutions using the latest technologies to solve one of the most important problems of the big data age.
- Contribute to architectural and technological decisions involved in a modern web-based application (using React, and TypeScript).
- Contribute significantly to the greenfield migration of an existing server-rendered application into a modern web-based stack (i.e. React).
- Contribute to the creation and adoption of an internal design system, i.e. a reusable library of visual components.
- Build a user-focused, data-intensive product that our users can navigate and use with ease and accuracy.
- At least 3 years of commercial front-end development experience, of which React is a large component, but they areframework agnostic
- Exposure to full-stack or backend development, ideally Java
- Experience building software which is complex and/or data-orientated.
- Understanding of underlying web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS, HTTP protocol.
- Familiarity with testing libraries (e.g. Mocha and Jest) and approaches (e.g. unit testing, e2e testing, UI component tests).
- Previous experience working in a cross-functional, product team
- Experience using a typed language, especially TypeScript.