We are looking for high performing and enthusiastic Engineers Payments team in a huge fintech company based in Victoria.
This role will partner closely with product owners & product engineering teams, in an environment that values interesting technical challenges, using best practice design approaches and prioritise your professional development
Your primary proven engineering experience will be using React & GraphQL in a Java, Spring Boot environment. Experience of Kafka, Docker & Kubernetes is also beneficial.
- Writes clean, tested and monitored scalable code
- Works with Product Owners to prioritise features for ongoing sprints
- Works with Quality Engineers to ensure automated test scripts are incorporated for new features
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Technical leadership skills that demonstrate helping set direction and mentoring members of the team
- Relevant software development experience (minimum Java 8, Java 11 preferable) in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as: Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers; Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing; University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field;
- Experience in Agile techniques, preferably some experience with BDD and TDD
- Understands the complete vertical platform environment (technical stack)
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases
- Good collaboration and communication skills across all cultures and band levels, and enthusiastic about keeping up to date with new technologies
Some of the following experience would also be desirable:
- DB’s both relational (Oracle) and NoSQL (Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- Messaging systems like Solace, Kafka, JMS, etc.
- Understanding of server-side languages (Jade, EJS, Jinja, etc)
- Cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Experience with Functional Programming practices
- Cloud experience, for example Docker, OpenShift, Unix and service discovery tools.
- Experience with performance and monitoring tools e.g. Splunk and App Dynamics.
- Experience developing RESTful API’s and micro services
- Current knowledge of payments industry, financial services or FinTech