A well-known firm in central New York is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to lead a new team across UX and innovation on a 12-month contract with a view to turn permanent.
You will join a small; yet growing team of designers within Infrastructure Engineering and take ownership of an essential part of the workflow. As the Senior Interaction Designer, you will be expected to immerse yourself within the engineering and product teams, understand the long-term strategy – focussing on the domain, the users, and the product strategy.
This Designer will be responsible for conducting your own user research, crafting conceptual frameworks, designing solutions and driving the overall project strategy and direction.
The successful Interaction Designer will be:
- An excellent analytical and conceptual thinker
- Be able to test and validate design solutions with end-users quickly
- Be collaborative – working closely with end-users, product and technology counterparts and other experts
- Be comfortable within all aspects of the design process from context-based research to storyboarding and presenting to internal clients
- Excellent communicator being able to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into innovative design solutions.
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis
- Familiar with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
So if you are looking for a challenge and want to work for a firm where you can make an impact applying common User-Centred Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems – apply here