New York , United States
27 days ago
Senior Interaction Designer - Global Information and technology company!
They transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users. Their UX, Product and Technology teams are committed to creating valuable and meaningful user experiences for our customers
They are currently looking for a Senior Interaction Designer with experience designing complex transactional systems into intuitive and valuable products.
- This position requires a strong foundation in user centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike.
- Designers are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research to story-boarding and presenting to internal clients.
- Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end-users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts.
- This position will take ownership of a domain to envision and craft conceptual frameworks, interaction design and the overall user experience of new products and major enhancements.
- Interaction Designers form a core team that is responsible for the highest impact business and platform products.
This position is for a thoughtful designer with a passion for making complex data and workflow problems simpler. This individual thrives in a highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary team environment. We offer the unique opportunity to help shape the most ubiquitous and influential software product in the financial space.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field.
- 5 + years of experience designing transactional or highly interactive user interfaces.
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large data set visualisations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis.
- Track record of applying common User-Centred Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and its varying methodologies
- Experience in project management a plus.
- Experience on institutional finance projects involving transactional interfaces is a huge plus.
- Your representative projects may include, but should not be limited to: research, personas, sketches, site maps, task flows, wireframes, storyboards, etc. We are, however, most interested in seeing detailed wireframes (preferably a deck) illustrating a step-by-step user workflow for complex transactional interfaces.
- An ideal project to showcase for us would have an intricate user interface that you can use to explain your detailed design decisions. Please include two (2) projects where you can give us a "deep-dive" into your design process.
If you are feel you posses the right skills and abilities, please apply to this advert and get introduced to the role by having a discussion with one of our digital consultants. Please also provide us with a link and include it in your application.