£0.00 - £90000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Java Developer to join a team who predominantly focus on cloud based solutions for clients spanning cross-industry.
As an experienced technology partner, committed to driving the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Drawing on our extensive knowledge of the sector, we advise the world's leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions - from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems. Our global innovation team also develops new business models, focusing on topics such as blockchain, cloud engineering, artificial intelligence and the internet of things across all sectors.
Senior Java Developer required to join a high performing team who have and continue to provide outstanding services to a variety of well established clients.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to solve challenging problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of delivery efficiency gains for GFT.
Your principle activities will include:
* Collaborate with analysts, users and testers to define and document acceptance criteria
* Work with other team members and architects to create high quality technical designs
* Use Test Driven Development to produce high quality results
* Works with users, analysts, SMEs during post-sprint User Acceptance Testing
* Assists central service teams during deployment and release activities
What we require from you:
* Skills with programming languages such as Java / Scala / Groovy / Python
* Extensive hands-on development experience - exposure to functional programming is a plus
* Understanding of TDD, ATDD/BDD and Continuous Integration
* Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.