As part of the Exchange project, you will be working on all aspects of the Exchange, and Core Exchange systems ranging from Matching Engines, Market Data distribution, System management, FIX connectivity.
- To develop software as part of an agile team with short iterations and frequent releases.
- To work within the development/project life-cycle, from analysis to implementation, test and release.
- To contribute to planning and the subsequent development of applications in line with IT policies and procedures.
- To remain up-to-date in terms of current and future upgrades as they relate to your own and your team’s area of work.
- To participate in relevant IT and non-IT projects as directed by your line-manager.
- Quick-learner, self-learner
- Core Java 8 - Expert
- Concurrent programming in Java - Expert
- Functional Programming in Java – Good
- Spring, Spring Boot – Expert
- Demonstrable experience of Git usage
- Demonstrable experience of Full BDD / Full TDD
- Demonstrable experience with real time programming / real time data distribution
- Demonstrable experience developing of high performance / low latency, resilient server applications;
Solid experience in one of these areas:
- Messaging systems, JMS, IBM LLM, RCMS, Reuters RFA
- FIX protocol / FIX connectivity
- Oracle and PL/SQL, Flyway, Liquibase, NoSQL DB
- Event Sourcing / CQRS
- Microservices development experiences
- MongoDB / InfluxDB
- Domain Driven Development experience
- Continuous Delivery experience
- Unix shell scripting experience
- System administration skills
- Experience of financial markets and exchanges
- Articulate communication skills
- Genuine enthusiasm in profession
- High personal and professional standards
- Delivery conscious
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Willing and able to help colleagues
- Attention to details
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously or under supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present a balanced view of different technologies and business requirements to generate the best value for the company