Senior Network Engineer – c€80k – Berlin + Chance to work with one of the Leading European Energy Companies
One of the leading Energy providers in the world are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer
This company is a world-renowned and highly respected global business trusted by millions of customers. They take pride in their investment in people, a Senior Network Engineer would have a great company on their CV for the future
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to gain valuable experience and take a huge step forward in their career.
About the Company:
Founded over 100 years ago, this is one of the most established energy companies in the world
With over 20,000 employees worldwide from various, diverse backgrounds, the company has a major presence in Germany as they are the main utility provider for many parts of Germany
This organisation have a strong reputation as one of the leading Energy companies in the world. They have been instrumental in the reduction of fossil fuel usage throughout Europe.
About the Senior Network Engineer Role:
Your key tasks will include:
• Maintain our product portfolio; develop/verify/agree network related standards, solutions and processes
• Quality assurance towards our sourcing partner for Data Center and Office Network:
– Check if proposals are fitting to the standards
– Check if proposals are fulfilling the customer demands
– Check if documentation was updated accordingly
– Check if lifecycle management is executed according to the agreements and work together with the Secure Operations Team (SOC)
– Check/follow-up root cause analyses provided by our sourcing partner after a critical incident occurred
• Support projects as a project resource by steering our sourcing partner to execute
• Support internal operation (e.g. ticket duty) of our IPAM solution (AD-integrated int./ext. DNS, DHCP)
• Communicate / cooperate on different levels:
– Internally: monitoring team, solution architects, service managers
– Externally: different external providers and sourcing partner
Business trips from time to time required within an international team
Ideal Requirements for this Role:
• You are able to work on bachelor/university level, open minded and willing to learn.
• You have several years of experience in network operations including practical knowledge in analyzing and solving IT problems in a complex landscape.
• You have an independent/ autonomous workstyle while being a team player as well.
• You are a good communicator (fluent English) towards all kind of stakeholders (customers, IT department and suppliers/external partners).
• You have experience in steering of external partners.
• You have technical skills in the following areas; relevant certifications are preferred:
– Cisco WLAN
– Cisco Routing/Switching
– RAS / Security Engineering
– Checkpoint/FortiGate Firewalling
– Using troubleshooting and diagnosing systems
– Experiences with ITIL processes (incident handling, changes, problem management)
– Basic scripting knowledge (python, perl, …)
– Understanding of the DNS (int./ext.) concept
Apply to the Role:
Roles like these are snapped up very quickly, so act now if you do not want to miss out! Reply to this advert or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org