Our client is a rapidly growing VC-backed company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. They work with large organisations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Our client is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Their technology enables organisations to safely analyse and mine sensitive datasets while protecting the individual’s privacy.
They believe that a great user experience is at the heart of any successful product. As a Senior Product Designer they want you to be a driving force in gathering insight into their users' needs, behaviours and intentions. You'll translate this into interface designs which make high complexity easy to manage.
You will be a key member of the product team, responsible for product design and user experience, working closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle.
- Champion user needs and the overall user experience.
- Take part in requirements gathering and user research, to discover current and future user needs
- Clearly articulate design rationale, and tradeoffs in design choices
- Define the user and interaction model
- Create a detailed user interface design for all their products
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Create detailed specifications as needed
- Work collaboratively with developers to make your design a reality in code
- Define and run customer research, including ethnographic and usability activities
- Develop and curate pattern libraries for the product
- Contribute to the creation of our product roadmap
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to present work and interface with every group in the company
- Strong teamwork skills, and the ability to constructively gather and act upon feedback
- Outstanding conceptual design skills and familiarity with high-level deliverables (scenarios, personas, flow diagrams, etc.) as well as low-level interaction design best practice
- A strong understanding of (or can create) HTML and CSS and an understanding of their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Visual design skills and the ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc
- Skilled in at least one method of UI prototyping
- Enthusiasm for IxD, UX, and IA with a broad knowledge of current practice
- At least 5 years experience in application design, online interaction design or information architecture
- Solid academic background with a degree or equivalent experience, specialising in design, human-computer interaction, ergonomics, or cognitive psychology
- Experience or interest in data visualization and statistical analysis tools