This hire is for a leading Hedge Fund and Asset Management that is a world leader for developing and implementing investment strategies that deliver alpha to its investors. They actively invest in a broad range of asset classes including equities, credit, fixed-income and commodities. This company deploys capital for a diversified client base that includes endowments, pensions, high net-worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds.
The Electronic Trading Technology Team is responsible for developing critical trading infrastructure for a variety of Asset Management businesses with focus on performance, stability and automation. This is a two-person team right now, the manager and another product manager – this 3rd role is specifically for the investment team.
This team is responsible for their Trading Order Management System (used by Asset business only) and Compliance System (Used by Asset and Security Business).
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for driving trading/order management and compliance server product forward.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, detailed specification, flow diagrams, agile/sprint planning and coordination
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with trading desk, level-1/2 support, DevOps, and technology teams.
- Cross asset (Equities, Options, Futures, FX, FI, Commodities) – they have a specific gap in the team within Fixed Income and Commodities, although any asset class experience is fine so long as it’s an order management system experience
- Person MUST have experience from end to end product inception to delivery
- This person must have experience as a Product Manager, Project Manager and a BA
- Must possess an Exchange background ideally Agile experience
- Needs to be able to script (any language), read code (ideally C++) and be competent with querying a database (SQL) – the code read part can be flexible.
- Extensive knowledge of trading/order management platform.
- Has experience in managing large scale product/projects
- 7+ years’ of experience with business analysis/project management.
- Agile project management
- Working knowledge of databases, Unix/Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and diagnose complex real-world system issues
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Contribute to entire life-cycle of the project/product (analysis/design/testing/rollout/post-rollout)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Server-side scripting experience on Linux using shell scripts, python, and SQL/KDB.
- Understanding of financial exchange protocols (Equities, Futures, and Treasury markets).
- Ability to read C++ programs
- Passion for solving investment business problems through the use of technology.
- Strong critical reasoning skills.
- Detail-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented.
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
Education: * Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.