Up to £90000 per annum
2 months ago
Senior UI Developer - 3+ year of experience - up to £90,000
My clients are looking for a Senior UI Engineer to make a big contribution as we embark on a Greenfield adoption towards a React based stack.
They're doing this because their existing products have grown significantly, and we have huge ambition to innovate new ones.
My client is a rapidly growing VC-backed company based in London, attracting talent from the best tech companies such including FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google), building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. Working with large organisations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
This technology enables organisations to safely analyse and mine sensitive datasets while protecting the individual's privacy. Currently looking for talented and passionate engineers who love to build great products and enjoy immersing themselves in hard data problems. You will be building innovative solutions using the latest technologies to solve one of the most important problems of the big data age.
- Contribute to architectural decisions around the UI of our existing and upcoming products
- Define and implement a reusable design system and set of UI conventions across our products.
- Work with our product managers and engineering team to build and roll out reusable UI components that can meet our rapidly evolving product requirements.
- Implementing new product features in React and collaborating with other engineers in writing extensible, scalable and well-tested code.
- Migrating existing UIs to React to provide a consistent and standardised development experience.
- At least 3 years commercial front-end development experience, of which React is a large component.
- Experience building complex, data-heavy applications
- Understanding of semantic and reusable HTML and CSS patterns (e.g. BEM)
- Previous experience working in a cross-functional, B2B product team
- Familiarity with testing libraries and approaches (especially Jest and Cypress)
- Experience supporting and mentoring other engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience designing application UIs with Sketch, Photoshop, etc
- Involvement in UX planning and user research
- Demonstrable understanding of UX and usability best practices
- Complex data visualisation with D3, Canvas, WebGL or similar
- Exposure to full-stack or backend development, especially Java