up to £750 per day
6 months ago
6 month rolling contract
Scala Developer - MongoDB, AWS, Scala, Angular
Contract Scala developer role to help build out a greenfield analytics platform for a leading financial data vendor company. Based in Central London and they need someone who has strong core knowledge of Scala.
With your Scala and Front End knowledge of Angular, you will be building a platform a greenfield platform for a recent software acquisition for the financial market.
Our clients are currently investing in their technology platform to develop a number of nrevenue-generating products, leveraging open source projects. These include new visualisation, risk aggregation and smart data initiatives that address new data, risk and regulatory requirements and are highly visible and strategic within the organisation.
They are on the lookout for highly skilled developers' proficient programming in the JVM ecosystem. Scala is the language of choice, along with strong analysis and troubleshooting skills. The candidate needs to be able to code for a highly available distributed system as well as profile and debug it.
- Front End exposure with Angular preferred but knowledge of React, Redux very beneficial
- MongoDB or any graphics database
- AWS or cloud knowledge
- Big Data technologies
- Financial background
- You can effectively provide technical direction, and estimates to fulfil a set of requirements.
- You can effectively manage timelines and cross team coordination.
- You can follow relevant technology trends, actively evaluate new technologies, and use this information to improve the product
- You get a lot of satisfaction from on-time delivery.
- Happy clients are really important to you
- You take pride in your work.
- Willingness to shoulder some of the dev opts responsibilities in the team
- You love to solve complex problems, whether that's making the user experience as responsive as possible or understanding complex client requirements.
- You can confidently present your own ideas and solutions, as well as guide technical discussions.
- You can effectively communicate with external clients
- Your welcoming attitude encourages people to approach you when they have a problem you can help them solve.