Senior Software Consultant
We are seeking senior software consultants to work directly with our customers, engineer solutions for complex business problems using using our renowned technology.
The role is ideal for engineers who want to get their hands dirty building systems while also learning new business domains, continually commanding both the big picture and the details.
- Design, develop, and release sophisticated applications for high-performance distributed trading systems
- Customise highly configurable products to assemble novel solutions that achieve client business objectives
- Be 100% responsible for successful solution launches, including deployment of new releases to production and active adoption by customer users
- Perform business analysis and engage in day-to-day interaction with customer users
- Consistently develop expertise in customer workflows and objectives and command understanding of the customer value being delivered.
- Proactively convey status to customers and seek mutually beneficial new opportunities
- Be a team player-share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and "go the extra mile" when needed
- Exceptional distributed systems programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, life cycle, and best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive requirements gathering and quickly learn new industry domains and technology
- Strong communication and customer relationship management skills.
- Front office capital markets knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong self-management skills, initiative, and ability to juggle multiple disparate projects
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; Master's preferred
- 3-5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, C#, C, Java)
- 1-3 years in a customer-facing and hands-on technical role
- Experience with Python, Perl, Linux, Win 32, and/or UNIX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with financial software and/or financial trading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus