10 months ago
My client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Platform Team.
They are in need of a for a passionate software engineer to help build their global payroll product. You’ll join a company fully focused on serving our customers to help them thrive in their business. As a member of the engineering team you will tackle technical problems and implement creative solutions to delight users in ways they have not imagined.
You will be empowered to grow and expand your skills and scope of responsibilities. Our engineers are well supported in their professional progression through regular feedback, mentoring from senior team members and technical training opportunities.
• Work in a small, autonomous team to create awesome APIs to delight our customers.
• Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
• Write efficient, maintainable and testable code for our product.
• Collaborate with software engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies.
• Work in short incremental cycles to deliver value on a frequent but manageable basis.
• Drive features and initiatives across teams
• Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
• Experience with microservice architectures
• Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications or APIs
• Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
• 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
• Solid understanding of object-oriented design and application architecture
• Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• 1+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
• Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies