A series-B funded start-up based in London are looking for their first hands-on technical support engineer to work closely with the Global Support Manager, to lay down best practices around enterprise product support on data-driven products, provide deep-dive technical support within a Hadoop eco-system.
- Resolve highly complex technical issues across customers in diverse environments
- Collaborate with Services, Presales, Engineering to identify high priority cases and partner with Engineering to drive case resolution as needed
- Determine whether an issue is a bug, design flaw, or enhancement. Provide input and trend information across to Product Management
- Escalate all urgent or unusual cases or situations presented by customers to Support Manager after initial triage
- In addition to monitoring and responding to queues, investigate L2 cases escalated by L1.
- Participate in swarming meetings for cases that are blockers
- Author and drive the use of knowledge articles for internal and external users
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all interactions in the case management system
What we want from you:
- Understanding of product integrations in customer enterprise environments
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Familiarity with troubleshooting in Hadoop and Spark environments
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience with database schemas and SQL
- Experience of rigorous and timely case management
- Identifying issue trends and managing escalated case queue
- Advanced Customer Skills - capable of managing and conducting conversations at the account level where necessary
- Engineering/Product Liaison - capable of representing support at a senior level to the senior and executive engineering staff
What does the role offer you?
- Competitive base salary up to £90,000
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays - not one of those who include them in the allowance)
- Private healthcare
- Stock options
- Pension - 5% match
To apply to this role either email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly to this role either with a CV or link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Experience of troubleshooting LDAP and Kerberos security infrastructure
- Familiarity with, Nifi, Kafka, Confluent
- Experience of deployments in Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
Role Summary: Hadoop, Linux command lines, product support, big data, Spark