12 months ago
UX Consultant - Capital Markets Transformation Projects
A leading financial consultancy company is looking for experienced UX Consultants to work at all levels in helping us to shape the future of digital and technological solutions delivery within Banking and Capital Markets; both in London and globally.
This is a multi-faceted UX Role that will suit professionals from a variety of backgrounds in agency or client-side UX covering Information and UX Architecture, Visual and Interaction Design, Service Design/Product Strategy, Research and Consulting.
We are interested in candidates who can demonstrate the ability to solve problems using design thinking and communication, and who use those same capabilities to communicate and build consensus with team members and stakeholders. You should also be able to demonstrate how you’ve exercised impact and vision over product strategy, ideation, research, design, and implementation, whether within finance and Capital Markets or outside.
We use design to solve sophisticated, often challenging and complex problems for our clients and we work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to fuse a coherent, deliverable proposition that has been assessed multiple times for suitability and deliverability within programme constraints.
Typically, you will be:
- Working with business experts in-house and in the client environment
- Responsible for every aspect of a system's user experience - the overall flow and layout of the screens, the fields and information presented, the actions and interactions that are provided, and the visualizations of the data. You'll be involved in solving workflow problems, developing new ways of presenting data and figuring out what the client needs in their solution that even they don't realize yet.
- You will drive conversations and hold workshops with key stakeholders to determine their UX needs and requirements
- Work with our UI and Visual designers to build design guidelines, MVPs and rapid prototypes Present your ideas and approaches to customers and internal teams
- Define and scope projects in relation to the amount of UX design required
- Get involved in the creative strategy of projects, design processes and the wider business
A range of skills, covering a good balance of these points:
- Big picture thinking - personas, journeys, flows and process optimization, experience maps and service design strategies
- Detailed thinking - micro-interaction design, information design and management, detailed business design to nail down edge cases, outlier scenarios and to head off issues
- Pragmatism - a pragmatic understanding of how to get UX best achieved in the context of application build; good cross-functional perspective to include client and server dev and QA Immersive capability - able to deep-dive very quickly into complex situations; able to research, synthesise, understand and synergise solutions
- Consultative - assured as to the quality of the work that is done and the robust nature of the thinking that is behind the design
- Clinical - the ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast- paced, iterative environment; the ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately, prioritize tasks and goals independently
- Experienced across the full spectrum of UX - Information Architecture, Experience Strategy, Concept and Detailed Design
- Proven understanding of the principles and experienced in the practices of User Centred Design (UCD)
- Able to create compelling materials and presentations that illustrate digital and
application concepts in a simple and elegant way from storyboarding through to detailed design;
- Well practised in the creation of user scenarios, journeys, site maps, process, flows and fully annotated wireframes; able to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artefacts for design teams and clients
- Comfortable working in an Agile context.
- Evidence of UX formal skills either through on-the-job evolution or from first or second degrees in HCI, interaction design or digital media
- Curious and forward-thinking - understanding of the evolutional path for UX and design thinking with innovations occuring in Data Science and Strategy, Holistic Service design and cognitive strategy, multi-device and ubiquitous connectivity