London, United Kingdom E14 5FA, United States
6 months ago
The Role / Responsibilities:
The User Experience Architect is a highly skilled practitioner responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional end user experiences. This individual exhibits a strong grasp of the user-centered design methodology to provide innovative solutions that meet business goals and support customer needs.
The User Experience Architect collaborates closely with user experience team members, product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into compelling experiences.
The User Experience Architect works in a diverse, multi-disciplinary environment on user experience design activities throughout the product development lifecycle, often with numerous design initiatives occurring concurrently.
This individual is exposed to a range of opportunities and responsibilities.
- Designs the overall look and feel of visual and interactive user interfaces for multi-featured strategic product initiatives
- Contributes to collaboration with product strategists and stakeholders to determine and document detailed requirements
- Guides other user experience team members by delegating clearly communicated tasks and providing constructive feedback
- Leads the creation of wireframes, visual designs, flow charts, site-maps and detailed specifications
- Leads the creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contributes to the creation of a pattern library
- Participates in the definition of overall design process
- Offers new ideas advancing user-friendliness, efficiency, and design
- Strong passion for innovative designs that optimize customer efficiency and engagement
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time
- Self-accountability for meeting a high standard of excellence
- Ability to confidently present design solutions and to accept or provide constructive feedback
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or similar required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer of web and mobile user interfaces
- Skilled practitioner with expertise in the design, production and presentation of user interface designs that supports the needs of the customer
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design patterns and methodologies
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for challenges
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, HTML, CSS
* Experience in financial environment preferred!