Senior UX Designer - Leading Financial Trading Firm - Up to £50,000 + great benefits!
The User Experience team is part of the Delivery group at the world's leading financial trading firm, embedded with product development teams and working alongside UI designers, developers, product owners and product managers in an agile software development environment.
Their purpose is to design useful and usable software that is polished and consistent across products and devices. Delivering a single experience from a single company.
You are user focused but pragmatic; respectful of others; enjoy collaboration over elevating your personal status; gain satisfaction from delivery; are commercially minded; you invest personally in your career development; and enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Supported by and supporting your colleagues, you will work on projects that will help you gain experience at the firm.
- You work with complex ideas and translate them into usable solutions.
- You understand the importance of good design, and the value it has to the whole user experience.
- You hold a degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- You have a good understanding of interaction and design patterns, HCI and UCD.
- You demonstrate an understanding of good design thinking and approach.
- You have experience of usability sessions or other research (eg contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, surveys, log analysis).
- You proactively share work early and often.
- You use constructive criticism to develop and grow.
- You are dedicated to self-development.
- Product owners and product managers.
- Product design team of UX and UI designers.
- Consumer insight and user research team.
- Development teams.
- You’ll be balancing stakeholder requirements with resource, user requirements,
- technology, and a strong personal desire to innovate.
- We operate in a complex and niche domain. As user goals and motivation can be hard to come by, we find ourselves looking for new ways to gather data and push UCD.
- Working in a collaborative environment on products that get delivered to market within relatively short timeframes.
- Working with intelligent people.
- A complex domain that will engage over time.
- A fast pace with supportive management.
- 3-5 years experience as a UX practitioner.
- Bachelors (MA desirable) in a field related to the psychology of computing e.g. Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product design, or approaching 3 years of practical experience.