Our client investigates the application of new technology to their products and services. Technologies they have been investigating or actively using include machine learning, graph databases, distributed ledgers and NLP. The team itself is multi-disciplinary comprising specialists in software engineering, experience design, product and project management.
Labs are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects would be discussed in the course of the interview process.
Working with software engineers, interface designers and domain specialists you’ll improve existing our clients products and services and help to define and build entirely new products and services.
Understanding, qualifying and framing the problem or opportunity in collaboration with your colleagues.
Considering and/or collecting a number of inputs (sociological and technical change, user feedback, product management requirements, analytics, design critiques and your own personal opinion)
Generating a number of UX outputs (flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, user stories)
Creating associated UI assets (interface designs and individual assets)
Communicating, discussing and (possibly) adjusting these outputs with your colleagues/customers
Working with the team to make things happen to their logical conclusion.
Software engineers, customers and project stakeholders.
You’ll Need To Be Able To:
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Conduct thorough and well-documented desk research
- Plan and run meetings/workshops
- Plan, conduct and document users interview and user testing
- Develop schematics, wireframes and interface designs
- Write well e.g. you can put convincing copy on your interfaces
- Are an attentive listener, interpreter and communicator
- Are proactive and self-motivated
- Have eye and point-of-view on design
- Think creatively
- Enjoy solving problems
- Can defend a position, is flexible and diplomatic
- Are accurate and have good attention to detail