UX / UI Design
about 3 years ago
This Senior UX/UI role requires an experienced (4+ years) practitioner able to operate in a highly pressurized role while producing first-class, award-winning design output.
Succesful UX/UI Designers require experience in designing complex transactional systems into intuitive and valuable products. You will also have excellent analytical and conceptual thinking that can translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into innovative designs.
This position requires a strong foundation in user-centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike. Designers are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research to storyboarding and presenting to internal clients.
You'll work closely with development teams, product owners and end users to synthesize our ideas and needs into user-focused designs. You'll design processes and systems for our engineers to use as they deploy, maintain and monitor the systems that our customers use.
You’ll need to have:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Communication, or any design-related field. A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience designing transactional or highly interactive user interfaces.
- Experience in several of the following: designing complex user workflows, decision-support systems, large dataset visualizations and framework-level interactions, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis.
- Track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems.
- Understanding of workflow systems, software development processes, and command centre monitoring tools
- Experience in project management a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.