New York , United States
27 days ago
Senior User Experience Researcher - Global Information and technology company!
The UX Research team answers the driving questions posed by our designers and product teams. We evaluate early stage concepts to help establish direction and assess the effectiveness of products as they are being adopted. As practice experts, we mentor UX designers in their research efforts. We evangelize the value of UX research and thoughtful design through session observations, presentations and lab tours, and outreach to the larger UX community. Our mission is to make the complex, simple.
- UX Researchers are responsible for leading qualitative user research initiatives that inform critical decisions for current and future products.
- They work closely with cross-product teams to design and execute exploratory field studies with users and subject-matter experts.
- They plan, recruit for, and conduct usability analyses in our state-of-the-art usability lab, in the field, or using remote tools.
- They draw upon years of experience conducting user research and their knowledge of design principles to conduct various types of usability inspections -- identifying key issues that are likely to arise within and across our products.
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders (product managers, interaction and visual designers, engineers, sales) to define research goals and create research plans
- Conduct client-site, lab-based, guerilla-style, or remote interviews
- Conduct usability inspection methods (heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, etc.) on various products
- Conduct online research (surveys, card sorts, tree tests, remote usability tests, etc.)
- Review usage statistics to inform qualitative research
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute exploratory field studies, usability inspections, and lab studies
- 5+ years of experience in user experience research in an business setting
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, engineers, project managers, and executives.
- Working knowledge of recording / logging tools such as Ovo Studios, Morae, Camtasia, etc.
- B.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field is preferred; M.S. or Ph.D. is highly desired.
- Flexibility to travel (10%), including internationally
Please note that our application requires a portfolio submission. Make sure to provide us with a link to your portfolio or a pdf when you apply.
Your portfolio should include deliverables that display your mastery of methodologies. Ideally you would have something to show how you helped conceive a product or service (Persona, User Journey, Workflow Diagram, etc.) and something to show how you conducted an evaluation (Usability report, Heuristic Review, etc.).
We are as interested in seeing details about your process (ex: research plan, discussion guide) as we are in seeing the quality of your reporting.
- Experience with statistical analysis, including large scale usability studies
- Familiarity working in financial domains
- Experience evaluating platform-level functionality (such as operating system features and user interface toolkits) is a plus
- Knowledge of eye-tracking methods