Our client is currently looking for DSP-FPGA developers in one of their software defined radio development teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
Role Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Take the technical lead on projects including the direction of more junior staff
- Develop new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- Develop & maintain key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions to support new business and awareness of the state-of-the-art
- Scope, plan and be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to agreed timescales.
- Have a strong interest in expanding technical knowledge both in areas of core expertise and more generally.
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in line with AI processes and governance
Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics from a top tier university (typically 2:1 or 1st), as well as strong A Levels (typically AA in Maths and Physics).
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically 5+ years’ experience in an engineering or technology based environment
- Prior responsibility for technical delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Broad interest in wireless technology and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL).
- Understanding of radio communications
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Range of other development skills, including one or more of the following: embedded software (C), C++, Java, JSP.
- Understanding of digital and/or analogue hardware design with some hands-on laboratory experience of debug/set-to-work.