We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer to join our talented technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery.
This is a Front Office role in the Commodities and Global Markets division in London.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering projects for a dynamic and growing business that relies heavily on technology.
- Working as part of a team gathering requirements, designing and implementing solutions.
- Working directly with senior technology and finance professionals
- Implementing software engineering best practices, including continuous integration and DevOps techniques.
- Developing financial markets expertise, particularly in the Energy Markets and Metals, Mining and Agriculture businesses.
You will have:
- 4-6 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience of full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, version control).
- Strong software engineering skills; C++ / Python; Experience in a Linux environment
- Cloud based skills (e.g. AWS) would be an advantage
- Databases. Schema-less (MongoDB) would be an advantage
- Exposure to projects in a Front Office environment would be an advantage
- An ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- A passion for technology, engineering and finance
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, coupled with outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding academic achievements; ideally you'll possess a relevant university technology degree, post-graduate qualification or equivalent