Software Development Lead – Banking & Financial Markets – c£140k + Flexible Working + Rapid Career Progression
A renowned and forward-thinking provider of Financial Services is looking to expand the capabilities one of their most critical Engineering teams by hiring a Software Development Lead.
Leading a small, high-performing team of talented Software Engineers (mainly JVM - Java, Scala etc) focused on the Investment & Financial Markets arm of the business, the successful candidate will work on cutting-edge solutions that drive real innovation in the industry.
With an open, intellectual culture that encourages collaboration and breeds excellence, the company provides the perfect environment for Engineers and Managers to be challenged and stimulated while taking real pleasure in their work.
Software Development Lead – Key Responsibilities
- Guide and mentor a small team of Software Engineers, ensuring best practices are adhered to and setting a high benchmark of expectations and standards
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams to deliver Java or Scala solutions
- Design robust, scalable solutions that meet internal standards
- Provide technical leadership and be fully accountable for the delivery of critical projects and solutions
Software Development Lead – Key Requirements
- 5+ years’ JVM Development experience
- Experience with Scala or Haskell
- Exposure to Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Phoenix would be highlt beneficial
- Previous leadership or managerial experience
As well as working with some of the best technologists in the world and delivering innovative, high-tech solutions, this is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to advance their career. The company provide access to training, certifications and rapid progression that is hard to come by elsewhere.