10 months ago
Come join a core service platform team in Small Businesses at an exciting financial software organisation! My client is looking for a passionate software engineer to help us building our global payroll platform.
You’ll join a company fully focused on serving our customers to help them thrive in their business. As a member of the engineering team you will tackle technical problems and implement creative solutions to delight users in ways they have not imagined. You will be empowered to grow and expand your skills and scope of responsibilities.Engineers in this organisation are well supported in their professional progression through regular feedback, mentoring from senior team members and technical training opportunities.
• Work in a small, autonomous team to create awesome features for our customers.
• Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
• Write efficient, maintainable and testable code for our platform.
• Collaborate with software engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies.
• Work in short incremental cycles to deliver value on a frequent but manageable basis.
• Drive features and initiatives across teams
• Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
• 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
• Solid understanding of object-oriented design and application architecture.
• Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
• Experience with any object oriented language like Java, C++, Ruby or Python, and good debugging skills.
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
• Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving.
• Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)