£90000 - £120000 per annum + (£160,000 over all)
6 days ago
Development Team Lead (VP)
This is a pivotal hire within the business as the company look to implement a brand-new platform from a greenfield basis. The role will require the Development Team Lead to be the first person on the ground within the team taking responsibility for the architecture, development and co-ordination of the team to support the new platform.
The Development Team Lead will sit at VP level within the business acting as an SME for the business and your colleagues. Experience with real-trading platforms and environments is essential as well as strong understating of C++, low latency, multi-threading and team leadership.
- Review and comprehend complex business and technical requirements with business analysts and architects.
- Provide reliable estimates, planning support and task management.
- Compose high quality documentation, detailed technical, functional and unit test specifications.
- Design, implement, test and support software solutions and associated applications in development and QA environments.
- Promote, and carry out methodical unit testing of delivered software.
- Ensure effective and efficient 3rd line application support for production systems including the provision of permanent remediation.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery, mentor junior development resources and provide accurate advice, guidance, support and training to team members and individuals.
- Conduct and contribute to peer reviews of solution designs and related code, strive for improved quality with the goal of producing efficient, flexible, robust and supportable solutions.
- Positively represent the solutions delivery function within the organisation and take on additional roles and responsibilities to meet project needs as required.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience
- At least 5 years of commercial experience in systems analysis, design and development.
- At least 2 years of which should have been in a Team Leading capacity.
- In depth knowledge of designing and building server-side ++ applications, preferably on RedHat 7.
- Demonstrable experience of developing large scale mission critical, low latency or fault tolerant systems.
- Experience of software development methodologies and working in a structured environment is essential.
- Working experience of relational databases and specifically Oracle would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of financial services, derivatives or trading in an exchange, sell-side or front office environment would also be beneficial.
- The use of Service Orientated Architecture, concurrency models and threading, multicast messaging or FIX message protocols would be an advantage.
- Broad experience across development toolsets, source control and branching strategy, Continuous Integration and the use of DevOps.
- Previous work within geographically diverse teams or an extended workbench environment will be seen as beneficial.
- Education to degree level desirable, preferably a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline.