Up to £45,000
over 1 year ago
This is an opportunity to join the Client Services team of a creative, fast-growing, profitable, independent software company.
We are a world leader in Web technology for financial trading. Our customers include many of the world’s largest financial institutions.
We currently have an immediate vacancy for a Technical Support Consultant to work on our Service Desk, providing 2nd/3rd line support for our customers’ web-based trading systems.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic support consultant wanting to bring their technical, problem solving and customer-facing skills to an organization on the leading edge of web-based trading technology and with blue-chip global financial clients.
The role will suit 2nd jobbers, looking to further develop their technical career.
You will be responsible for driving the resolution of challenging technical issues found in the support of our customers’ web-based trading systems.
Specifically, you will:
- Solicit appropriate diagnostic information from the customer, perform analysis and clearly present this verbally and in written form.
- Review the product code and work closely with developers for any support issues requiring a software fix.
- Work with parts of customers’ code to replicate issues they are experiencing.
- Provide telephone/remote/onsite support to financial institutions depending on client requirements.
- Maintaining and nurturing a strong relationship with the customers.
- Ensuring customers’ requirements and expectations are managed in a professional manner.
- Manage support issues efficiently and effectively from commencement through to resolution in line with customer SLAs.
- Co-ordinate internal escalation and RCA meetings.
- Grow product and customer system knowledge within the support team and ensure salient knowledge is captured in knowledge base articles and documentation.
- Continually improve and streamline the support process.
- Previous experience of providing technical support for software systems/applications.
- Previous experience of programming languages including Java and/or .NET experience.
- A degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or similar technical degree at 2:1 or above.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a confident and diplomatic approach when engaging clients.
- Must have outstanding problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable drive, enthusiasm and discipline.
- Experience of working within the Financial Markets arena.
- A hunger to develop and gain valuable leading-edge web technology skills, front-office trading systems knowledge and financial markets experience.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise work, work under pressure and complete multiple tasks effectively.
- ITIL certification.
- Other languages: C, Objective C
- Practical experience of Linux, Tomcat, Weblogic, Sybase.
- Demonstrable understanding of web-based enterprise systems technical architecture and constituent components (i.e. Databases, Application Servers, Web Servers, Firewalls, Proxies, Browsers).
- Practical experience of fault tracking systems (such as Atlassian Jira).
- Familiar with Agile development approaches.
- Documentation skills (MS-Word, Visio, Wiki).
- Willingness to participate in non-business hours support (with appropriate remuneration)
- Strong attention to detail.