You will be working on multiple projects as part of a well-established QA team to test various aspects of my clients IT systems and reporting to Non-functional Test lead/QA Programme Manager.
Typically, solutions delivered to my client are complex and span across various technologies, operating systems, networks and hardware; frequently the applications have a high degree of criticality to the core business of the customer. The jobholder requires strong skills in developing test scripts, good technical knowledge and understanding of all functional & non-functional aspects of IT systems. Central to the role is the development of test scripts, execution of performance test and failover tests through the development lifecycle.
- Produce Test scripts and scenarios (automated and manual) in accordance with the documented approach
- Execute the tests prescribed within the Test Design and document any deviation from the test scenarios as originally defined
- Generate test data for load testing
- Log the results of the tests and present any extrapolation required to indicate how the application may perform in production environment
- Document defects discovered during the running of the tests
- Work with Technical Lead and other resources across the development and environments teams to rectify issues encountered during testing and tune the application performance.
- Retest any defects raised and fixed.
- Report progress to the Test Manager
- Summarise performance testing in the Performance Test Evaluation report
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience -
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of Performance, Capacity, Stress Testing Techniques/Methods/Tools
- Working knowledge of UNIX and MS Windows
- Good knowledge of relational databases (preferably MS-SQL Server and MySQL) and web servers (preferably IIS)
- Working knowledge of performance monitoring of Operating Systems and relational databases like MySQL/MS-SQL server and Web/Application Servers (IIS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Performance and failover testing experience in a professional role, preferably with low latency
- Good understanding of Server topology (web/app/DB server), Computer Networks (TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls), and knowledge of service layers, Restful service, SOAP Web Services, Websockets