City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
3 months ago
UX DESIGNER - WORLD'S LEADING FINANCIAL TRADING FIRM - UP TO £65,000!
A leading financial trading firm has a well establised design team who are 19 strong at the moment. Due to growth they're looking for another UX Designer to work directly with the Head of UX across highly complex financial trading platforms! You'll be:
- Working through design problems: translating business requirements and client needs into ideas, designing the overall flow and detailed elements to solve these problems.
- Sketching and prototyping to quickly evaluate ideas, and designing the detailed interactions.
- Design and iterate according to feedback: from client research, data analysis, and team critique.
- Collaborating closely with developers, product owners and managers, business stakeholders, and researchers throughout the design c and agile development process.
- To create usable and useful products that are consistent and polished.
- Experience designing digital products, systems, apps, or software - not just information-based websites.
- Communicate design ideas clearly, with rationale.
- The ability to uncover insight - not just to accept what you hear at face value, but to drive towards the unarticulated, whether it's from the users of a system or business stakeholders.
- A user centred design approach to information architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of interaction design and common principles of design.
- Qualitative research: facilitating user research whether face to face, remote, lab-based, contextual or ethnographic etc
- Quantitative research: analysing use of a service, statistical analysis, surveys, A/B or multivariate testing etc.
- Experience, knowledge, or interest in the financial world.
- 3 - 5 years' experience designing digital products.
This will be a busy role in a team so the successful candidate's behaviours will need to strongly aligned to our values:
- Champion the client: customer service is a passion, cultivates trust, has clarity and communicates well, works with pace and momentum
- Lead the way: innovative and resilient, strong learning agility and curiosity
If you are interested and have a portfolio reflecting highly complex projects, give me a shout at