Product / UX Designer - Up to £50,000 + great benefits!
A fast-growing internet business operating in a competitive, emerging market is currently growing out and looking for a UX Designer to join their young and dynamic team. They work hard to be the leading live streaming and video on demand platform.
The company have recently gone through a merger so your first major responsibility will be for merging the user experience of the two platforms. It's an exciting opportunity to really make an impact on a company that's both new and established.
Who you'll be Reporting to:
Head of Product and aside Front-End Development, the UI/UX Designer will work throughout the software development lifecycle and be able to manage their time between creating and iterating upon specifications for specific pieces of work as well as self-directed efforts to improve the UI, UX, Design & Usability of the product as a whole.
We need you to...
- Help us deliver a brand new UI that unifies multiple platforms
- Define our new design system and brand style guide
- Devise systems and processes for ensuring continual improvement
You'll be responsible for...
- Designing and maintaining a coherent, consistent and amazing experience across the platform Implementing great user experience design at all parts of the software development lifecycle Creating and iterating on designs, wireframes and prototypes
- Performing quantitative and qualitative user experience research and mapping user journeys
- Championing a user-centric design process
- Data-driven design, split testing and identifying red routes
- Working closely with developers to maintain high standards
- Design sign-off for new features and improvements
- Maintaining and policing the brand identity
You will have...
- A pragmatic approach for UI design
- Strong ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Demonstrable proficiency with your choice of design software
- Ability to gather data to help validate design decisions
- A keenness for keeping up-to-date with trends, tools and technologies
- An exciting portfolio of things you'd like to show us
You might have...
- Knowledge and experience of video hosting, streaming, encoding, etc.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS & JS
- Experience working in a React ecosystem
- Graphic design and illustration experience