My client investigates the application of new technology to financial products and services. Technologies they have been investigating or actively using include machine learning, graph databases, distributed ledgers and NLP. The team itself is multi-disciplinary comprising specialists in software engineering, experience design, product and project management. The team is based in Design Labs in Central London.
Labs are involved in a large range of projects leveraging a multitude of different technologies so a successful candidate is unlikely to be assigned to a single product or service. Information about specific projects would be discussed in the course of the interview process. This role will be responsible for all facets of user-experience research within the Lab in London to help them better understand the customers and build better products.
- Understand and frame problems and opportunities.
- Select and execute the most suitable quantitative and qualitative customer-research approaches.
- Document findings, covert them to actionable outputs and communicate these to Labs colleagues and the business as a whole.
- Work with Labs colleagues to ensure that what we make satisfies your findings.
- Develop and implement the Lab's user research strategy, initially focussing on recruitment.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Critique and document existing products and services
- Analyse and interpret usage analytics
- Plan, conduct and document different formats of the workshop, customer interview, and usability study
- Write recruitment briefs
- Develop and interpret surveys
- Write-up, distribute and present your findings as documents and presentations
- Attentive listener, interpreter, and communicator
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Have a point-of-view on design
- Think creatively
- Enjoy solving problems
- Good attention to detail
Helpful But Not Mandatory Skills
Project management experience
Substantial and demonstrable on-the-job UX research experience.
Have worked in a multi-disciplinary team that includes software engineers.
Key Internal Relationships
Labs designers, software engineering and data & research scientists.
Proposition and product managers, sales, marketing, and support colleagues.