Visual Designer - Global Commercial Banking-based in Waterloo Offices
Some Careers Offer Brighter Prospects Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join one of the worlds leading banks and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, our clients offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When you think of driving growth do you focus on the customer? Do you get your energy from making things simple? At one of the worlds leading banks they’re leveraging their size and strength and investing in disruptive technological change to simplify the business. They are building a world-class organisation capable of high-paced, end-to-end transformation centred around their customers. They need innovative thinkers and doers to help deliver their ambition.
They invest in their people and have a variety of open roles in Commercial Banking. If you decide to join them, they will support your growth and development and provide you with the opportunity to be part of a significant commercial transformation. With the world’s global bank, you will get the chance to work with and influence a wide range of businesses in the 50+ countries and territories where they operate, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals. You’ll play a strategic role in driving their investments to success and delivering a customer experience fit for the future.
As an employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Visual Designer
In This Role, You Will
- Own the Visual Design for transactional digital products and services (like Business Internet Banking and Business Mobile Banking)
- Take a hands on approach to working with product teams and stakeholders.
- Work directly with digital product leads to create experiences which deliver on client and business needs.
- Take a systematic and pragmatic approach to visual design.
- Manage design and brand stakeholders within Commercial Banking.
- Give clear direction to implementation teams to bring your designs to life.
- Eloquently and simply present, explain and justify design solutions and decisions to multidisciplinary teams.
- Build and manage relationships across the bank.
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Possess flair in visual design to create beautiful finished visuals within a very complicated and technical area, combined with an serious eye for detail
- Have an appreciation for layout, typography, colour and interaction within a technical landscape
- Have a deep understanding of design system thinking
- Past working experience in a relevant position , i.e. proven financial services design experience
- Possess a core skillset in interface design; not games/video/animation. Skills in animation, in relation to prototyping and micro-interactions are helpful added bonuses
- Experience of working on larger brand builds rather than smaller-scale or imaginary brands
- In-depth professional knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to lead and stimulate discussions about design concepts and approaches, demonstrating an ability to provide strong creative leadership.
- Understand the scope you are working to, define project activities, estimate effort and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to propose early design hypothesis as a starting point for collaborative iteration.
The base location for this role is Waterloo Offices, London.