The position is Full-Time.
Location: London, U.K.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join a retail banking giant and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, our client offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When you think of driving growth do you focus on the customer? Do you get your energy from making things simple? Our client is leveraging their size and strength and investing in disruptive technological change to simplify the business. They are building a world-class organisation capable of high-paced, end-to-end transformation centred around our customers. They need innovative thinkers and doers to help deliver our ambition.
Our client invests in their employees and have a variety of open roles in Commercial Banking. If you are successful, they will support your growth and development and provide you with the opportunity to be part of a significant commercial transformation. With a world’s global bank, you will get the chance to work with and influence a wide range of businesses in the 50+ countries and territories where they operate, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals. You’ll play a strategic role in driving their investments to success and delivering a customer experience fit for the future.
As one of their employees in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
They are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Visual Designer
In this role, you will
- Take a systematic and pragmatic approach to visual design.
- Manage design and brand stakeholders within Commercial Banking, Corporate & Institutional Digital Group.
- Give clear direction to implementation teams to bring your designs to life.
- Eloquently and simply present, explain and justify design solutions and decisions to multidisciplinary teams.
- Build and manage relationships across the bank.
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Flair in visual design to create beautiful finished visuals within a very complicated and technical area, combined with a serious eye for detail
- Appreciation for layout, typography, colour and interaction within a technical landscape
- Understanding of design system thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Past working experience in a relevant position, i.e. proven financial services design experience
- Core skillset in interface design; not games/video/animation. Skills in animation, in relation to prototyping and micro-interactions are helpful added bonuses
- Experience of working on larger brand builds rather than smaller-scale or imaginary brands
- In-depth professional knowledge of Sketch
- Be able to lead and stimulate discussions about design concepts and approaches, demonstrating an ability to provide strong creative leadership.
- Understand the scope you are working to, define project activities, estimate effort and ask for help when needed.
- Can propose early design hypothesis as a starting point for collaborative iteration.
You’ll achieve more when you join!
They look to enable their employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible they will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with our client and have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with our recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, our client believes diversity brings benefits to their customers, their business and the people. Therefore they are committed to be an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
When joining, you will become a valued member of the team, they take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. Our client can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, they work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and support them with several schemes and initiatives. They can’t wait to tell you about their ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system!
To apply send an updated CV to Tom.Fern@OrbisConsultants.com