New York, United States
7 months ago
Senior Visual Designer - Global Information and technology company!
The company's visual brand breaks ranks with traditional financial services companies; by being smart, bold, dynamic, and unapologetic; and by making complex user workflows a clear and engaging experience. The company’s Financial Products UX team is hiring a senior Visual Designer to help drive the strategic design direction for current and future desktop application products.
- The Visual Design team is all-hands-on-deck, flexibly flipping between working on very granular UI details to large-scale application design.
- You will iterate on out-of-the-box solutions and tackle complex hierarchical problems in the financial arena that involve large data sets and intricate workflows.
- Projects range widely from establishing iconography to designing applications, widgets, or UI framework elements.
- You will collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of visual designers, interaction designers, product owners, and engineers to push new functionality to clients.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing desktop application UIs, or rich web-based application UIs
- A proven understanding of visual design and UCD principles via a portfolio
- A proven track record in producing exciting, innovative visuals for modern desktop software applications or web based products
- BFA/MFA or BA/MA in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Interactive or Multimedia Design or professional experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated fluency with the Adobe Creative suite with a concentration in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
As the ideal candidate, you should have excellent analytical skills, the ability to understand constraints, pride in pixel precision, and concrete typographic skills. In addition to visual design principles, you should be familiar with UCD and agile methodologies.
If you are feel you posses the right skills and abilities, please apply to this advert and get introduced to the role by having a discussion with one of our digital consultants.