Large telecommunications company are currently going through a migration from Hadoop over to GCP, they now require 3 x Data Engineers to assist with this project on a contract basis.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for assisting this organisation in their ongoing migration project from traditional Big Data (Hadoop) to the cloud, where they will be utilising the data infrastructure in the GCP technology stack for all things data. In addition to this, you will own the fundamental process of capturing, storing and processing data whilst recommending the future vision for the IT environment.
Expect to be part of a forward thinking analytics team who hold innovation at the forefront of what they do, emphasised by using the latest of technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of GCP
- Strong technical knowledge of Hadoop
- Previous migration project experience with GCP or Hadoop would be highly desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Able to talk to large groups of people in confidence
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to make suggestions and improve current processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the Business and Delivery processes, lifecycle, change management
- Excellent at creating and manipulating documentation to standards
For more information, please send your latest resume and I will contact you to discuss the position in more detail.